3.19.2010

Hit the Target

So being born and raised in the midwest has given me, along with a lot of other great attributes, a profound devotion to the retail store Target. There truely is no better place to do one stop shopping. And in the past several years target has begun to pair up with big name designers to create affordable and fashionable wear and accesories for the 'everyday gal'. Coming this spring Target launches its Designer Collaborations section. Past designers have included Rodarte, Anna Sui, Loomstate, Thakoon, Behnaz Sarafpour and more.

The gist is that the pieces are available for a limited time and on a limited run so they get snapped up pretty fast. Rumours circling the internet mills are that McQ for Alexander McQueen is coming this spring and right now they have Jean Paul Gaultier. But the reason that I write now is that the current accesories collaboration that just debuted this past weekend, Liberty of London, forced me into the store. Almost the entire collection sold out online in less than a day. But making the trip was worth it and I came home with some lovely patterned things. I will definitley be keeping tabs on the latest designers to appear in target.

Searching the net had me stumbling across this adorable Thakoon for target dress that was available last fall (blerg I missed it).

How pretty is the pattern on this Liberty of London for Target canister, which was sadly sold out both online and instoreTHE DAY AFTER IT CAME OUT!

I'm not exactly sure how you find out about upcoming collaborations besides regularly checking the site. But I think its worth a regular check in...

-R.

No comments:

Post a Comment